ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have a tab plugin and inside the tape shortcode,

Customer Question

i have a tab plugin for wordpress and inside the tape shortcode, i have a video gallery shortcode to display a playlist
when i load the page, the 1st tab loads the gallery great, the others don't
if when i load the page and quickly toggle to another tab, the video loads correctly in the tab that i toggled to so I'm assuming its a loading issue but i don't know how to fix it
please help
Category: Programming
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Which particular plugin are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its called "tabs responsive" http://www.wpshopmart.com/ is developerwould you like to team view to help me solve this?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I may want to do that once I have investigated the plug-in. Give just me a few minutes please to research, Thanks! Are you using the free version or the Pro Version? Do you know what version of WordPress you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
free version most current, installed it via softaculous yesterday
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you for that information. I'm researching it now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is whats happening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it helps get a solving answer, the plugin for videos (uses shortcode inside of tabs) is vimeopgraphy
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
If I am seeing this correctly, January has only one week and the other months have 4 weeks ( or subtabs) Is that correct? If you click on the subtabs for the other months, do they then load and play?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats the problem, they don't load, it SHOULD look like the 1st tab
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
From what I'm reading in their help forum, if there is one video on the tab, then it will load and play automatically. If there is more than one, then a selection must be made, and the selected video will then play. Does it work that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not just a video on the tab, its a shortcode that loads and video gallery (1 for each week)i need it to load when i click on tab
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you feel like you can solve the issue?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
If it is solvable and not a problem with the design of the plugin yes. I will not be certain of this until I have thoroughly read not only the plugin description but the comments from users in the help forum about whether it works as intended. If it doe snot, I should be able to help you find an alternative that does what you want it to do.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I understand that this is a a shortcode to load the video on the tab, however, form everything that I have read, it is deisgned to work with one item per tab, not a collection of items. I know that this is not the answer that you were hoping for but it an honest and accurate answer. Woudl you like for me to investigate and see if I can find something that will work that way that you want?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the issue is not the amount of times because it works as i need it to on the tab -its the OTHER tabes not loading the shortcode
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, we don't seem to be communicating very well here. As a test, please remove all but one of the videos on the 2nd tab. The shortcode should then load. It's just not designed to know what to do if there is more than one item per tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't, the shortcode loads many videos
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to opt out to see if another expert might be able to better assist you. You'll be notified via email when someone else picks it up. You won't have to repeat anything,. They will be able to see our entire conversation. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow-no its ok, ill find someone-requesting a refundwaste of time