Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

We want to contract you to build a 19 digit card number generator

Customer Question

we want to contract you to build a 19 digit card number generator which the first 6 digits is the bin number and the last number (digit 19) is a check digit, generated using mod 10. in addition it must have a pin generator 4 digits which can export to excel or csv. The mumbers generated must be in sequence and we must be able to generate up to a million cards for large car runs. I can give you the output example which must match encoding for track 2 data on a mag stripe card, and with option to do contactless cards. How do we conntact privatly as i dont want info published online.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I would like to review the details of your question.Could you please attach or upload any original files describingthe requirements, work in progress or any other relevant details?For multiple files, it is often easiest to put them all into a compressed(i.e. zip) folder so you only have upload one item.What is your timeframe for this project?Thanks,Ingo PS An easy file sharing site to use is wikisend.com.Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link. Copy either the File ID (a 6-digit number) or the Download Link.Then come back here and paste it in your reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We directed the question to ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer as he has built items like this and is farmiluar to the mod 10. Sorry im new to this, did we not directly send his a request?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plus the nature of this required solution, we don't want it posted all over the internet as we are a card issuer. Which is why we want direct email contact.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Sorry it wasn't clear to me;if a requested professional is not online or unable to respond very quickly, your questions become visible to all experts in the category . I will opt out and try to notify your requested expert.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Will look forward to discussing the project.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it has nearly been a week now with no reply, if nothing inthe next 24 hours, then id expect to be processing a refund
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there any way we can contact ATLPROG the developer?
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 7 months ago.
HEllo by when you need these done?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If we start and work towards an end goal and finish... id be happy with whatever time you can apply.
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 7 months ago.
Sorry but this looks like huge project and I am not sure I can handle it right now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
find two zip file link below pass = 1234
Did you have a look at the current exe program.
http://wikisend.com/download/122090/CardGen.zip
This generate card numbers
All we need is this re-written to include 2 additional fields
And the output to include CSV, Excel and a text file.
If you look at the zip file, its not much to code, we can detail the exact requirements.
I see from the past threads yo have done work like this before.
which is why we wanted to request you as you know what you are doing.
If you understand what is required for track 2 encoding on a mag stripe card.
Then that is the output format we wnt to get (attched software does everything with exception to the PIN)So output file would be this in excel
http://wikisend.com/download/655434/example.zipSo in the software we would need the additional fields added
BIN
Starting PAN
Number of cards
Expiry Year (to be added)
Expiry Month (to be added)
Service Code (to be added)
9 fields so 1 to 9 can be added for the PIN Verification Key Index. (to be added)
A field beside te PIN Verification Key Index which would be
Pin validation Value so we can put 4 digits beside this
Example
1 = 0000
2 = 2490
So what ever PIN verification Key is outputted to excel the matching number would be in the PIN VAILDTION VALUE
The output file can then be sent directl o the card company to encode the cardsWhats your thoughs?
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, since my colleague is unable to help at this time, I would like to re-offer my services. I downloaded and ran the sample generator code and reviewed the sample excel file you sent.I take it the mod 10 check digit shall follow the standard Luhn formula? I think I understand the broad requirements, would need more detail regarding the PIN topic as well as the specific contents/format of output files in CSV, Excel and text form.Do you have any particular requirements regarding the programming language to implement this? I would suggest C# ***** VB, but I am also perfectly capable of using many others if need be.What would be the platform(s) on which this utility would run?If you'd like, we can engage on a limited scope of work so I can demonstrate my work in a prototype implementation. Please let me know if you're interested in proceeding.Regards,-Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
In the meantime, I went ahead and started laying out what the utility might look like to the user.Just some ideas based on the look of the previous tool and your stated objectives... no code behind it yet that does anything, and it would be very easy to change any of it to your liking.In doing so it brought up another open issue, regarding the selection of # ***** digits in the PAN... if the bin is always 6 digits, and the card # ***** 19, I don't quite see how a user-selectable number would come into play. I'm sure you can elaborate if we continue the project.-Ingo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK great. So for my understanding. You understand the mod 10 formula
And you can add a pin generator ?
Yes i would be interested to get you feedback and time line to the build and cost please.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Yes, I'm confident I can create a PIN generator for you, but we will need to clarify the specific requirements for that, as well as the other questions I've mentioned.As far as timeline and cost, I don't yet have enough information for the entire project, but I'd like to propose an incremental approach.For the current value of this question, I could create a prototype application using the user interface I posted here, which will generate an text output file with track 2 encoded data, but placeholder values for PIN for now. Then, if you like the result, you can provide me the remaining detailed requirements regarding PIN and other output file formats, plus any other enhancements you desire, and I could offer you the follow-up work as additional service.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Also, the initial prototype I should be able to produce within 2 days
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Regarding the PIN topic:- do you require a very specific PIN method, like VISA ?- if so, is it correct that the system should generate a random PIN for each card and compute/store the PVKI and PVV in the output file(s)- or, should the PIN be generated uniquely as a function of the PAN #? I.e. each PAN would only have one valid PIN associated with it, and not to be chosen by user?
Expert:  Ingo U replied 7 months ago.
Hi,are you still interested in moving forward with this project?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes we would like to move forward.
Please give me a coulple of days to answer your questions.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 6 months ago.
OK, thanks. No rush on my end, I just like to make sure the communications channels is open.I've been researching the VISA PIN generation topic a little more, and it seems that you would have to establish/provide the 128-bit PVV generation key used in encrypting the card number together with a PIN. Since this key would be of the most sensitive and critical nature, we will need to talk about how that piece of data is entered into the tool I'm creating.Clearly you don't want it to be part of the program... but you would also need to make sure that key is stored securely somewhere, and it also needs to be available to the PIN verification system when the cards are being validated by an ATM or similar process. It would be helpful if we knew more about that end of it if only to be able to test that our program generates valid PVV values.