Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder

Trying to do a stacked bar graph in excel. Except the data

Customer Question

Trying to do a stacked bar graph in excel. Except the data won't stack! Bars that show are only the smallest of 2 values. Why? Why can't I get the data to show?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Be sure that when you create the bar graph, you choose the right type of Stacked Bar Graph from the beginning, or it may just work out that way. What version of MS Excel are you using, by the way? Please go toHelp - About Microsoft Excelto tell what version it is.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The version I'm using is Excel 2010.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Example: Hillary won New York by 139 to 106 pledge delegates. My stacked bar for New York shows Bernie's 106, but not Hillary's 139. (Yes, that's what I'm working on. No, I don't work for any campaign.)
An interesting subject with contemporary applicability, beyond question. How many bars are there for New York ? obviously Hillary's then Bernie's, but are there any others in that 'slot' ?If so, make sure that the 'range' for the bar graph, includes *all* the others in that slot. E.g. if the data on the spreadsheet for that slot isHillary B2andBernie B3andother B4yetother B5then make sure the Data Range for the graph includes B2:B5, and that should help all the graphed data appear.