Richard, Consultant
Experience:  Programming and Network consultancy for 15+ years

There, I'm working on an art installation which I have

Customer Question

Hi there,
I'm working on an art installation which I have to set up this afternoon. I need an unusual VBA Macro for excel.
I need a short line of VBA macro code in excel which does the following:
o Selects each cell, one by one, in a 99 column by 61 row grid. Must go left to right.
o Stops at each cell and allows for 5 seconds of voice input (maybe using the DoEvents command?)
o When it gets to the end, loops back to the beginning of the range and does it again either indefinitely or something like 10 times.
Bonus points if...
o Can edit how long it waits
o Difficult to derail
o Uses innate excel speech recognition instead of me using a second program which is listening all the time for input. (maybe too hard)
Help me Obi Wan, You're my only hope.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To be clear - the macro has to progress automatically after the 5 seconds has elapsed. It has to be click free.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I added the worksheet I'm working in. For more context - there is program reading aloud the color of each cell (it starts out blank) and conditional formatting changes cells with a color word to the corresponding set of 10 colors. There are contingencies in place for unexpected input.It doesnt have to work perfectly, the point is for it to come out distorted.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeI can do this for you but the speech recognition, you cannot do from VBA, but this is not really an issue as you just have it listening all the time, and when you talk you can control it.I am doing this now for you
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
I have now done this for you and you can download it from this link will see I added a control sheet, this you set the values like how many seconds to wait, to which column to cycle to, to which row, and how many times to run the process.Press CTRL + R on the keyboard to start the process. If you wish to stop it, press CTRL + BreakIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you