Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder

I am getting the following error when I attempt to access /wp-admin

Customer Question

I am getting the following error when I attempt to access /wp-admin after I upgraded the database in my wordpress site and I can't seem to get it resolved.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /data/26/2/87/31/2413683/user/2646321/htdocs/wp-config.php on line 31
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Look on line 31 of the wp-config.php file. What's showing up there? An unexpected T_STRING means, perhaps, that you inserted Unicode characters, or other odd non-text characters, in that line. In which case, simply this:1. open the wp-config.php file in a text editor (nothing fancy! or you'll insert still more odd characters for sure! use Notepad, if you can, or any other plain vanilla plain-text editor!)2. go to line 313. note down separately, what it seems to read, in text-only terms4. erase that entire line after copying it down separately5. *type out* from the copy, all the text in it.6. save that.See if that eliminates the T_STRING and the error message. (and let me know what the line was, also, in case this doesn't solve the problem.) If that answers your question and solves the problem, please rate my answer. Thanks.