ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML

Programming: i know its not possible to call script within

Customer Question

i know its not possible to call script within css. what is a way though???
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.May I ask for you to describe what exactly you are trying to do?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am trying to set up a pop up email subscribe box on my website with Wordpress and mail chimp. I start my creating a form in mail chimp, then generating a code for it which looks like script since t starts with I then copy and paste the code into my Wordpress site. Then I am trying to import my own form into that code to customize the box image. However I need the code to become a html code. Or another way to do it. Because I can't call JavaScript from my custom.css file
Thank you for the clarification. I will not be able to help with this.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Expert:  Brian Semrau replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jason! I'm Brian, and I should be able to help you with this issue. If I am understanding this properly, you have full access to your HTML and CSS on your wordpress site; but you want to customize the form that mailchimp gives you using css, but the issue is that you have no way to refer to the form elements since they are created with JavaScript. Is this correct?Normally if you had full control over the JavaScript, you would instruct it to give each element a class or ID that could be referred to in css; but after looking over the JavaScript from the mailchimp forms, it is too complex and restricted (since it basically just calls down additional JS files from Mailchimp that you would have no way of editing) to edit to accomplish that. That being said; I think I have a solution that I can help you make work for this issue, but I will need you to generate a generic form from MailChimp so I can get some information that I need from it. Once I have that, I will construct the HTML code that you can insert into your site and show you how to refer to it in css.To generate the form that I will need, please navigate to the same page where you selected "subscriber popup" to generate the JavaScript. This time, instead of selecting "subscriber popup", please select "General Forms" and put in the fields that you would like to collect from your users. Once the content (not necessarily the style - just want you want from the user) is created to your satisfaction, please copy and paste the link here. That link will give me the information that I need to craft a completly HTML5 based form for you that you can use on your wordpress site and style using css. Thanks!-Brian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes that is correct. you will be able to help me make it a pop up when they go to my site? here is the url you!