Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

My company had a Raid*****failure on Monday. Both

Customer Question

My company had a Raid*****failure on Monday. Both hard drive had to be replaced. When we try to restore the SQL database, we are getting error messages. Our backup service said they thought the backup was corrupt. Is there a way to find out before paying a company to try and recover the data?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that if I may have a sample of the error messages in full, and sequentially (perhaps 7 of them, or as many as will form a representative non-repeating sample of what is being 'thrown'), then I might be able to judge the question for you. Also I would like to ask: - Is the SQL database restored and running, and then throwing the error messages?- or is it that the error messages are from the attempt to restore it, or the attempt to set it up as a once-more-working database system?- Where was the database stored when it was backed up? that is, where was the backup stored?- Is anything else running (successfully) on the repaired RAID 1 system, currently? I don't really need to know what, but it would be significant if other software *is* now running successfully on that machine. (At this point my guess would be that the database was stored poorly and corrupted, but it might also be that it is not yet fully configured to be as it should be, and that's what I will check on first.)