ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

Let me start by saying I'm not a technocrat. My team

Customer Question

Let me start by saying I'm not a technocrat.
My team developed CSS for an HR Portal form existing code. We created a visual upgrade to the existing style sheets that our customer developed.
We have a problem with the CSS working in IE9 and now, according to the customer it's unstable and not working on Safari.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume that you need perfected code for this. But I don't know, from the screen shots, which ones are in Safari's browser, and which in IE9.

Also I don't know what platform any of this is running on (e.g. Windows vs. MAC OS X/Apple OS, vs Linux too perhaps.)

I suggest that, to work on the most browsers, you might want to simply give up on certain design elements. For instance, some rows being too short when displayed on a 800x600 screen, might be most simply solved by putting that one row on two rows. I don't know if that would be acceptable. Or a solution that fixed the page width, forcing it to be a right-left-scrolling screen when displayed on low-res. monitors ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply Russell.Yes, need perfected code for this.Regarding: rows being too short when displayed on a 800x600 screen, might be most simply solved by putting that one row on two rows.
Answer: Not aesthetically acceptable as is. But might be if other items are fixed.This just in from our client's tech person (their client is end-user company):
"We removed style.css as that was giving blank screens throughout the system to the client. Also the sidebars were not working on IE 9. I am checking the browser and loading the side bars."platform this is running on is Windows, but they want it viewable on all OS.Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like you to securely connect to client's server side, but they have resisted us working on this in their environment and have insisted on us creating code for them to place by their tech. Given their pain level, they may agree now. Or maybe talking/texting to their tech might help you help them resolve issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe all screen shots are IE9. Safari was just noted recently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to request from our client options for other ways you can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall I submit my rating now, or wait until reply from our client on the additional ways to help options?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Do not rate this yet, please.

I cannot do this case after all, I am sorry to say, owing to a variety of factors. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some additional input from the client:
The side bars come like this in IE 9.
https://www.link2consultvms.com/invoicessidebar.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response from anyone after 24 hours has passed. How shall I proceed?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

This is Russell H., Expert. I'm sorry to hear that nobody picked up your case in 24 hours, that's understandably disappointing for sure.

Would you like me to try to call the attention of a qualified Expert to this case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. I would like to securely connect to the client's server side, but they are very protective of their proprietary information and to date, have not allowed us to see their side. This has been a problem for us. Can you suggest a workaround solution or a statement that would allow them to feel confident that their code would be secure? I will contact their tech to see what they think.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I don't think that's the best approach. Secure connection may be reliable, and I wouldn't disparage JustAnswer, any member etc. of it. But access to their private stuff? that's not necessary here, not a bit.

If webpage code needs changing to suit browsers what you need here is:

1. someone who knows the webpage code practices involved, in full, and

2. someone willing to work on the webpage code - which, unless it is all server-side stuff producing the code, can be put in a file set and worked on by the tech mentioned in (1) above.

May I call the attention of a person who fits (1) above, to do the work for you and your client?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To clarify, "1. someone who knows the webpage code practices involved, in full" is the client's tech and "2. someone willing to work on the webpage code..." is JustAnswer expert.But you want the code put in a file set so #2 can work on it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I thought both were the JustAnswer.com Expert. But yes, putting the pages in question into a file and posting it to the JustAnswer Expert who takes up this case, would be good.

Thanks, ***** ***** have Opted Out of this case once again. Sorry I couldn't do more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Half the battle is just staying in the saddle my friend. Hook me up with a good one. I hope they go for the file set. Trying to connect with them now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's their response:
Brian,
You don’t need to connect to the server. To see the pages, use below login info and view source to check the code.
There is nothing on the server which is causing this. It’s the CSS which does not work on different browsers.
I have already redesigned most of the side bars and after removing style.css from the pages, pages are appearing.
You won’t be able to see the issue on production any more as such, so see the issue please login to the test server which has all your files.
The test server design only was migrated to the production. If you can fix this then we can fix the production issues also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent you a url link with password ***** from the client. Did you get it? It's not showing up here on my mobile browser.
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Hi sir,

This is ehab tutor an expert here on justanswer with an excellent css knowledge. It's my pleasure to assist you on this issue.

can you please send me the login info so i can check the issue on my side.

regards,

ehab tutor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was sent to me by the client tech:Brian,
You won’t be able to see the issue on production any more as such, so see the issue please login to the test server which has all your files.http://199.103.4.155/company.nsf?open&login
Username: pmartin
Password: franklinThe test server design only was migrated to the production. If you can fix this then we can fix the production issues also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CSS on browsers:
Safari (Mac/PC): Requisition Page (REQ), space in header between REQ and category pushes bar down and doesn't look good
Firefox (Mac): OK; Firefox (PC): "engagements" bar is not right
Chrome (Mac/PC): works fine; except if there's a pop-up window, on the last document, the arrow sticks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IE9: Has problems throughout.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ehab,
I need some feedback on the status of the review. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ehab,
I need some feedback on the status of the review. Have you been able to get in? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ehab,
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

I just got your response. I will start on the issue immediatley and feed you back tonight.

regards,

ehab tutor

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

regards,

ehab tutor

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

regards,

ehab tutor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ehab, status?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ehab,
that's not an answer that comes from a 5-star rated computer software engineer. I'm seeing this 5 days later that you are referring this to another programmer without explanation after I repeatedly asked you for updates.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response. What's going on here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's going on?