Suryanto
Suryanto, Programmer
Experience:  Programmer, 9 years experience in VBA(Excel, Word, Outlook and Access) programming
48489642

How do you write a Macro or VBA 2013 so I can identify all

Customer Question

How do you write a Macro or VBA for Excel 2013 so I can identify all the choices in a filter. I want to identify for each column the applied autofilters. For example If my column was called Year and in the column I had filtered on 2015. I want output to be Column Year and the filter result to say 2015. Thank you. Shannon***@******.***
Category: Programming
Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to Justanswer

I am Suryanto and I will assist you

Please check here

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1444-excel-display-show-filter-criteria.html#a2

--------

I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3 stars or more) if this helped.

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 stars. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
None of this worked. do I need to change anything in the code? I do not know how to write code- I don't even know what it means...so do I need to change to the name of my worksheet etc? I copy into the VBA and then when I put in a blank cell the other information it does nothing. I need to know for a given file that has over 400 rows and 65 columns - what were the criteria that was filtered on. So someone else filtered the spreadsheet and I want to know for each column heading what the filter was. Can you help with that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, my criteria may be more than one filter per column - how do I make more than one criteria the output?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Attached is the file
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" is this the reason the code doesn't work -do I now have to pay for this tool too - if so then can I cancel this request and get my money back for non-answer - because my company wont let me download to my work computer.thank you.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

No, that's not the reason the code doesn't work.

I have tried the code and it worked. You just put the code in module and press f5 in the module to run it

I will check your file and write the macro for you if you still want to continue

When will you need this?

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a way to get it to run so the output doesn't say multiple filters and rather tells you what the filters were - or is that impossible? Thank you.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

I will try to setup the file and let you know

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

Hi Shannon,

Please download the file here

After you download the file, please rename the file extension from xls to xlsm

Please make sure you have enabled macro to run before opening the file

http://www.exceltrick.com/how_to/enable-macros-in-excel/

You can change the criteria in Sheet1 and the result will be displayed in Sheet2

--------

If this solve your problem, please rate my answer 3 STARS or more so I can get paid for my time.
If my answer did not work, please let me know

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Something still is off...I needed to know what was filtered in D1, F1, I1, J1 and that was not the output on the file you sent and it looks like the filter from the original file is now impacted. Should I resend the original file? thanks for your help.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

Hi Shannon,

Please download the file copy2016a with sample filter in D1 and F1 and copy2016b with sample filter in I1 and J1

It depends on your data. Please check again

--------

If I have helped you with your issue, please rate my answer 3 STARS or more so I can get paid for my time

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you

Suryanto

Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,

Please don't forget to RATE my answer 3 STARS or more, so I can get paid for my time.

It will not cost anything additional beyond the value of your question

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am still not sure my question is still answered. The first file corrupted the file and un-did the sort. So the data is inaccurate. And I am not sure how to going forward figure out if the macro worked so if the sorts changes the output data would change. I have been called to another project so I have not been able to look at this. Ultimately. I needed to know what filters (to filter the data) were used in columns D (SI name) column F (Total Cap) column I (PID Disposition), column J (PROJECTTYPENAME) and then if future columns are filtered would the macro automatically output what filters were used. Can this all be in one combined file?
Expert:  Suryanto replied 8 months ago.

Sorry, I have spent a lot of time on this question for nothing. I have sent solution that worked

I can't help you again

Thanks