Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

Ma, Happy Easter once again!!! Could you kindly work out the

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Ma,
Happy Easter once again!!!
Could you kindly work out the excel adjustable layout (module Operandi) of making payment of USD30,000 to a US bank account.
Here is the gist. I have a UK bank account (in pounds) which can send out money to anywhere in the world but there will be a charge for exchange rate differences.
Now, a client who wish to make a payment in the US wish to find out how much in Naira will he pay?
Also, Note: there is somebody (friend) in the UK who wish to pay an equivalent of USD30,000 which is the pounds equivalent while his naira account is funded by the client who wish to make an equivalent payment (USD30,000) in the US.Remember, there are three countries involves 1) UK and 2) US 3) Nigeria. How do you go about the changes in exchange rate so that you do not end up on the losing side as a result of exchange rate difference.Thanks
Kind regards,
Chibuzor
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

If you could please attach the code that you have so far - either by using the paperclip icon here, or by uploading it to a site to which I can have access, like WikiSend or OneDrive, then provide me a link, that would be helpful so I could take a look at what you already have. Then I can take a look at it and let you know what I think.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dear Sir,
Happy Easter!! I believe this puzzle involves a lot of Maths Skill which a programmer(excel) might be able to do. I have a British account (UK) and I wish to collect an equivalent amount of money (also taking into account money lost as a result of exchange rate difference) in Local currency(Naira) .I would be considering making payments using my UK bank account to three countries namely 1) US 2) China 3) Europe. Especially for US & CHINA purchases. It is more like moving money around without doing it physically but looking for someone who needs it E.g. A Nigerian client might want to make a payment of USD 30,000 for a grocery purchases in the US while I look for another Client that is willing to send an equivalent amount (i.e. USD 30,000) for maybe a real estate investment in Nigeria. So the US client pays for the grocery item While the Nigeria Client pays for the real estate investment. As a Broker, I will have to hold money in my UK account to make sure no one defrauds the other. However, the three parties involves have to agree on a DETERMINANT RATE; which on end I wish to have on an excel sheet so that I can play around with the figures provided by clients.
Please note that in Africa, there is an Official rate (used by banks) and a black market rate(obtained from the bureau de change). Currently, the banks are broke and foreigner is hard to get. Therefore , local bureau are the winner of the day!! Therefore,That determinant rate has to be slightly above bank rate but below black market if at least a deal has to be done.
I have included the exchange rate deemed necessary. Even though they vary, you could work with the one given on the Excel provided as long as it is adjustable.
Any other questions, am willing and ready to help!!
Thanks

It sounds pretty complicated, but I will take a look.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks buddy!!!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Buddy! Just checking up on you on the status of the work you solving on my behalf! Please,if you have any question please do not hesitate to ask. I am very happy to help!!
However, If its too complicated for you to solve or create, could you kindly refer me to an expert who can do so? The skill set for this puzzle has to do with the following;
1) Maths skills
2) Programming skills
3) Microsoft excel usage (knowledgeable)
4) Financial knowledge
Thanks once again for your understanding!
Cheers
Chibs
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
still waiting!

I've looked at it, and it's something I can definitely do if you are able to pay for my time to do it. I will submit an additional services offer for you to approve (optional). If you decide against it, let me know and I will open the question to others. Experts have the ability to make their own offers to you, so if mine doesn't work for you, that's OK... just let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks buddy too high! If others can't i will definitely come back to you
Cheers