ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have what I hope is an easy issue. I want to write a

Customer Question

I have what I hope is an easy issue. I want to write a program that has only a few values that the user would need to enter, then I want the program to export a .reg file that will be use to change some registry keys and a shortcut to a batch that executes the .reg silently. The purpose is that users currently have to manually change server info for a piece of software every day for each stat server they need to monitor. I want to make it where they can just click a button. I already have the .reg and .bat files working for my own values, but want to distribute to the organization.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

I can probably put together a quick C# ***** for you that does it all in one step.

So you want the end user to have something on their desktop that they double-click and it modifies a couple of registry values; value which they only entered once at setup time.

Does that sound about right?
If you upload your files (script, .reg, batch etc) and explain the specifics, this doesn't sound too complicated.

What windows version(s) is it for?
Thanks,

-Ingo U

Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

Are you still looking for a solution to this? I can help you in whatever way you prefer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do appreciate the willingness to assist, however, my boss has convinced me of two things: 1. For security, he doesn't want me to share the details. 2. That I should use this as a learning opportunity. I would like to withdraw my request.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

OK no problem. Please contact customer service to request a refund of your deposit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh, amazing, thank you much for being here.