Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find out: You were

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find out: You were given a DFD with no information. With only the information provided in the DFD, would it be possible to build a flow chart and why?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is all of the information I have
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Programmers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

I would say no - a DFD is a high-level description of how data "flows" through a system.

A flow chart describes the flow of control, usually (but not necessarily) at a much lower level, showing the actions taken by the code based on the data being processed. Loosely speaking, the DFD says "what" happens, and a flow chart shows "how" it happens.

Does that help?

For more information, see, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_flow_diagram,

and one of its links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_flow_block_diagram

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

just following up, were you able to use my solution?
Please feel free to post any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have regarding this issue.

If you're not yet satisfied with the result, please let me know what is missing.
I will do my best to make it right for you.

Otherwise, please don't forget to rate my service - I don't get paid for my work until your rating is received.

Regards,
Ingo U