Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

I need a lot of help with building a program that generates

Customer Question

I need a lot of help with building a program that generates a random Mondrian painting in Java. The program also has a button that can be clicked to redraw the painting and the painting should stay even if the window is resized
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just attatched the UML for the program. The UML completely throws me off because of the multiple classes and methods for something that I feel like could be done in one method or class.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here's the second UML although I'm not sure if it really adds anything new or is necessary.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

do you have any additional documents describing the requirements? UML alone leaves some guesswork...

any sample output perhaps?

Could you please attach or upload (e.g. to a file sharing site)
all relevant details, requirements, work in progress and any related file(s)

For multiple files, it is often easiest to put them all into a compressed
(i.e. zip) folder so you only have upload one item.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I forgot one of the most important parts which is that the painting is done recursively and for the painting to stay the same even after the window is resized there should be an array list that the elements are placed in to.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the requirements because I can probably answer those. And for the output I believe it should just be a normal mondrian painting (that has been randomly generated) with a button on the bottom that can be clicked and redraw the picture.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** so (about the recursive part, makes sense).

Do you require a particular development environment? I use NetBeans 8 mostly... and Java is Java (also, mostly...)

I think I get this gist of it. Not a trivial project. What's your timeframe?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We use Eclipse for everything but as long as its Java I don't see a problem. It's due Friday at 8PM so if it could be done a little before then that'd be great and thank you!
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

I will try. What timezone are you in, just in case?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm in the Eastern time zone
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

The assignment refers to a javadoc document and ArgoUML project that goes with it. Can you provide any of these?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've attached the JavaDoc and the ArgoUML for the project. I'm not sure how the ArgoUML works because it wouldn't let my computer open it so I just put it into a zip folder.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry,
After reviewing the question, I regret that I won't be able to assist you at this time.

I am opting out and opening the question up to other professionals here who may be able to help.

Regards,
Ingo U

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Instead of doing that is there a way for me to opt out and get my money back.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 8 months ago.
Of course, you can just contact customer service and request a refund of your deposit.