BigDish101
BigDish101,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises
92961829

JustAnswer Background I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Customer Question

JustAnswer
Background
I’m using Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Visual Studio 2012 Express
Unfortunately I’ve had a stroke that left me with locked-in syndrome so I can’t use the mouse or keyboard but I still have my normal brain
I use a button switch on my finger and an Arduino to give an off or on signal and access to the associated event handlers
I’ve been using a switch and program called Ezkeys but the company has been sold and it’s gone off the market
It’s fairly old and will only just work – I can’t use Windows Explorer and use Firefox Nightly
I’m trying to write an alternative for myself in C# ***** the help of my sonI need a way to make the button down and up events common to everything in the namespace which will hold multiple classes and timers
Am I using the right language
Am I dreaming about what is now impossible
Category: Programming
Expert:  comp_audio replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I going to try and assist the best I can. Please start by telling me which arduino board your using? I know you are using C#, but there are other alternatives that I think might work for you with the arduino board. If you could also send me a pic of your hardware would be appreciated.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Toshiba Satellite C70-B running Windows 7 64bit
I don't know the name of my Arduino because my son supplied and programmed it
it opens a virtual com port and uses the dataReceivedEventHandler (I think)
it's also able to disable Ezkeys
I'm 71 retired and this is just to keep my brain active

I think it is great. I would love to help getting another alternative since you no longer want to use EZKeys. However, I do need to know the Arduino board model, and possibly the code too. Is your sone available to get that info?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've been in touch with my son and he would prefer to keep that information private

I understand. No worries. Wish I could have been of more help. But without at least some of that info, I am at a loss and would not be able to help you further. I wish you luck, and truly hope that someone out there who has extensive C# ***** skills can help you. Myself I am an Arduino geek, and have done several projects with them. Anyways, Take care and God Bless.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 11 months ago.

I'd recommend finding out what Stephen Hawking uses and try to obtain the same thing.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Stephen uses ACAT from Intel
it's to specific and requires the full version of Visual Studio 2012
when I looked recently it's au$1911
thanks but no thanks