comp_audio
comp_audio, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ Years exp. CompTIA A+, Lenovo and Dell Certified.
44312836

How do I separate 1 cell, assume a year, 2016 and separate

Customer Question

How do I separate 1 cell, assume a year, 2016 and separate it into 4 separate columns, 2,0,1,6?
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I prefer them to be values but can work if text.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I would like to assist you with your question. So if I understand what your asking... you have one cell, example would be the year, such as 2016 and you want to be able to separate that one cell into 4 separate cells like 2,0,1,6 and have them be a specific value or text.

If this is correct please reply and let me know. Also if you have an example file feel free to upload it here and I can take a look and see about getting it setup for you, or simply send basic instructions on how to split a single cell into 4 different cells.

To get you started however here are some links to the pages that can assist you in getting exactly what you are after.

1. Split text into different cells

2. Distribute the contents of a cell into adjacent columns

3. Merge or split cells or cell contents

4. Split names by using the Convert Text to Columns Wizard

Please look at the above links, and let me know if you need more assistance. All the sites above are directly from Microsoft.

Thanks and I hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks

I would like to know if the information I sent to you answered your questions, or do you need more assistance?

Hoping to hear back from you soon so that I can either offer more assistance or close this case. Thanks in advance.

Hello? Any updates?

Just checking in on you and how splitting the cells is going?

Please understand that the time I spend helping my customers out are rewarded when they "Accept and Rate" my answers.

If the answer I have given does not solve the problem then please let me know so that I may further assist you.

This is the only way I get paid for my time and services I have offered to you. While your account is still charged by the company, it does not get credited to me until you accept and rate my answer(s) I have given you.

So please know, this is how I make a living and would very much appreciate your taking a few minutes to finish this out with me, or let me know if you need more help.

Thanks in advance.