Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

I 't know the best way to change the

Customer Question

I don't know the best way to change the "authorization" header to "a long key code number" in a php page of mine I am using to try and pull api data from an affiliate network later on in the page.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This is a species of workaround for a missing Authorization header when you're working with CGI/FastCGI Apache:

SetEnvIf Authorization .+ HTTP_AUTHORIZATION="[whatever long key code number you need]"

...at least I think it is, if the part within the [.....] space is the long key code number adequately declared.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not using cgi though. Just php on a normal public_html page.

Can you tell me a little something about what the authorization header *is* like, then? just the context, not the matter of the header itself, please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got it working once. it's output is an xml file. Once you have got the xml file its easy really. its just getting the xml file with the authorization key in a modified header that's difficult. I tried with a protocol. http. basically you access an api url like http://example.com/?parameter1'&?parameter2 and an xml file with all you want about the two parameters drops out.
Usually. I just don't seem to remember how I got in with the modified authorization key to rip the xml file (it's all legal. don't worry).

I'm sorry to hear that - it's a section of programming that I know little about, and is not at all familiar. (There are so many programming sectors and coding types these days.)

I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts in this category.