ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I need to write a conditional formula which compares

Customer Question

I need to write a conditional formula which compares weighted averages of collected sales data
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what this formula should so and the issue you are having writing it?

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sure, I can share the worksheet with you which will make it easier to explain
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** it, can you explain what you want to achieve please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Row 92 of Columns D, F, H have weighted average calculations based upon the 2015 sales data. Beginning in Column K we are tracking converted accounts and the comparison data to previous "CSP", COGS, and "MARGIN" - Columns L, N, and P. As you can see Row 92 contains the same weighted average calculation for the new data. Row 93 Column R, S, and T shows a comparison of new versus old.
The problem is Column R,S and T Row 93 is comparing the converted accounts to the whole population of the old data.
I would like a formula that uses weighted average to compare the converted accounts to only the historical data for those accounts. Not the entire population
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also as I add data to the right had side for converted accounts it will automatically track and keep a running calculation
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

can you tell me in your own words, without worrying about the Syntax, how the formula should be please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought that's what I just did
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to compare weighted averages for CSP, COGS CPG and MARGIN CPG
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but only use the rows with data in columns K-Q
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
as I add more data into the additional rows of K-Q the formula will update
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

sorry but the explanation is not helpful at least for me as I do not even see half the data sets your referring to. May be a limitation with me

Ill opt out, another expert will take over. You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when this happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WTF? What data cant you see?