ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I'm a beginner programmer learning to use Perl. I'm pretty

Customer Question

Hi i'm a beginner programmer learning to use Perl. I'm pretty stressed out about this project and its supposed to be fairly simple. I have a file that has a ton of songs and song titles on them that look like this
TRMMPZM128F14A2184SOVUYNF12AF72AAAD3Blind MelonAll That I
Need
I just need to extract the last bit of each track and stores it in the variable $title while discarding the rest of the nonsense. I dont know where to begin in my while loop.
any help would be wonders!
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 10 months ago.

Hi, could you upload (attach w/paperclip maybe) the file in questions, or at least a representative sampled version?
What do you know about the structure of the data? Specifically, we need to know what determines the position of the song title in the string.

Does it start at a fixed position? Is there a separator character, like a tab, between fields on the line?

Do you have any code written at all that his should fit into? If so, upload that as well, please.

Regards,

Ingo U

Expert:  Ingo U replied 10 months ago.

Are you still looking for help with this question?