Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

I am looking help with Microsoft Visual Basic problem. box

Customer Question

I am looking for technical help with Microsoft Visual Basic problem. box comes up with the following informatiion
Run-time-error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access is denied
gives options to end debug help
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Programming category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This error is usually due to a failure to authenticate to the database. Do you have any additional logs that will help with specifics?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you help me with what you mean by logs?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
if it would be easier call me on my cell
***-***-****2

You can request a call from your end.

There are many possible causes of the error. So what we are looking for is anything else that will give an indication of a problem. Is this software that you wrote, is it custom, is it a particular application, etc? Any information you have on the background would be helpful. Anything you can find in the windows logs would be helpful. To give you an idea of the large number of possibilities:

http://bitli.es/OCN7p9

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there a way you can log onto my computer and look at the issue?

Yes. I can do that. I have sent you the offer for the first hour of remote support.