Jason Carlamere
Jason Carlamere,
Experience:  Technical Director at PNC Financial Services
91387029

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. I am trying to take a .jpg and

Customer Question

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.
I am trying to take a .jpg and use acrobat to write text over it ( in a variety of fonts and colors ) over the .jpg and save as acrobat file ( form I think ) so that I can email it to others who will then be able to easily edit the text ( in the same font and color or have the option to change font and color ). I this the acrobat software embeds the fonts.
Can someone please help me with this?
Category: Programming
Expert:  James Dwyer replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am James and I can help you. While acrobat is probably the best known PDF editor, and pretty much all PDF editor packages embed fonts. The monthly payment for multiple users may be painful. There is hope for you yet. For the project you have I pulled out inkscape FREE editor and replicated your desired results with ease. I do not work for,nor do I have any into in inkscape. But FREE is hard to argue with. You can download it from https://inkscape.org/en/download/ go ahead and give it a swing, I tried both titles to compare and for your project, inkscape won hands down.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will clarify my request and also my desired results from a resource on justanswer.I am in need of a step by step ( Method of procedure ) on how to take a .jpg image file, open it in acrobat XI pro and add text over it. I need to know how to change the font style and color ( and embed it ).Desired end result is a pdf file of the .jpg image and the text I added in the font style and color where the text is highlighted when clicking on the "Highlight Existing Fields" button and when selected this text user should be able to click "CTRL - E" for the text properties. The saved file will need to be emailed to someone who will then be able to use their adobe acrobat reader to EDIT the text using CTRL E.It must be done in acrobat XI pro and must be editable in acrobat reader which is free so that all recipients can edit the text, font style, color, size of font.From an SME on justanswer, I need a MOP on how this is accomplished please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello again James,So let me ask you something else. You mentioned that you "replicated my desired results with ease" using the inkscape software. Just to give it a shot, I tried it and do not know how you replicated what I need. I see how to import the .jpg, and how to add text in any font I choose, I even see how to export as a pdf which is what I need to do, BUT.... How did you export it as a pdf form which would be editable using regular acrobat reader? If that can be done, then maybe this is a viable solution. Thanks
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 10 months ago.

Hello - Adobe Reader does not support editing

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jason,Yes, Agreed. Unless the text that will be edited is entered and displayed in a form field I believe. Which is what we would create the text as. We have seen this done. Can you help? Thanks

Hi - Let me research and get back to you. I will keep you posted on my findings