Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

I'm looking help in creating a Business Objects Webi report

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking for some help in creating a Business Objects Webi report for my agency.
The Basics:
1. I have a report that is pulling all the names of agencies in our area.
2. Some of these agencies are the children of a larger agency. So in other words there are children agencies that are at a Level 2 or Level 3 of a larger level 1 Agency.
3. All of the agencies pull into the same report. I'm trying to create a report that will pull a single row for each Level 1 agency. So in other words, I'm trying to create a cell that will pull in all of the names of the level 2 and ANOTHER cell for all the level 3 agencies based on the parent agency (Level 1).
4. So I'm trying to list out all the values for a cell that has multiple values.
5. I found a formula that gets me close, it lists out about 3 providers before not working. Here is that formula that I found on the internet. This formula DOES NOT take into account whether the agency is a level 2 or level 3. It would need a conditional formula on top of this.
=[Provider] + If IsNull(Previous([Provider];([Provider Parent Provider]);1)) Then "" Else "; " + Previous([Provider];([Provider Parent Provider]);1) + If IsNull(Previous([Provider];([Provider Parent Provider]);2)) Then "" Else "; " + Previous([Provider];([Provider Parent Provider]);2)
6. In other words, I think what I'm asking for is 2 different cells.
- One cell to pull all the provider names in variable [Provider] that are at a level 2 in the variable [Provider Level] where the parent provider in variable [Provider Parent Provider] is the same at the level 1 position in [Provider Level].
-One cell to pull all of the cells from the NEW VARIABLE where the [Provider Level] is a 2. So in other words, a second cell to pull in the children agencies of the level 2 that will have a different parent provider ID, but that Parent Provider ID at level 2, has the same level 1 Parent Provider ID.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

How would you want to do this. Do you need someone to write this for you?

Is remote access to the system possible?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael, unfortunately I can't give access to the system. My info is highly confidential and I am a government employee. I need a formula that I can mimic based on the excel sheet I gave you. Sorry to make it complicated :-/
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm basically asking for the formula.

OK. At least that makes it clear what you need. Let me take a look at this and see what I can do.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael, would you be able to provide a potential timeline for this project?