ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I am a total newbie when it comes to macros so was wondering

Customer Question

Hi I am a total newbie when it comes to macros so was wondering if anyone could assist. I am setting up an order form and when the user puts an order quantity against one of the products, a new form is created which provides the user a copy of what they have ordered. The main form has thumbnail images on it but these are not copying to the new form as I would like the user to have not only a copy of the specs but also of the product image. This is what I have come up with so far-any suggestions
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Spice\FinalOrderSS16.xlsx" Rows("5:688").Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp Range("A5").Select Workbooks("SS16 Order Form.xlsm").Sheets("Order Form").Range("A17:V251"). _ AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range("A1:V2"), _ CopyToRange:=Range("A5"), Unique:=False ' Windows("Test Order with Macro.xlsm").Activate End Sub
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
May I take a look at the document that you are working with so that I can fix the problem for you?
Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am getting this message when uploading file-"We are sorry, but the requested page has been removed"

I am sorry to hear that. Please, upload the files on this page: http://www.megafileupload.com/

After you upload the file, click the 'Copy Download Link' on the page and paste it on this page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JasonIt has now come through on wikisend-id number is:654800

Thank you. That came through. Please, explain all what you need this document to do, from start to finish.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The document is an order form, when the order form tab is populated with quantities the macro has been set up (create button) at top of page. All the specifications of products ordered are then created in an additional sheet however the images from the order form are not copied across along with the remainder of the information.

The document you sent me requires the c:\Spice\FinalOrderSS16.xlsx file. Please, upload that file and send me the ID number. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
File Id: 588968

Thank you.

Which fields need to be filled in with values before the script will run without errors?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you put in numbers in the yellow columns (try a few) then hit the create button, a new sheet will be created. This has all information bar the images on the order form , which I really need to copy across so the customer has a copy of each style they have ordered including the image.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have you been able to resolve?

I have done that, but still get an error. Please, fill out a sheet and send me that copy.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
File No 971802.Have uploaded another version as the macro works on my computer.The only thing it doesn't do is copy the image across-all other details are there

Thank you. I will have the updated document uploaded soon.

I cannot get this working.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the macro is not working?Can you view the whole order form?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 11 months ago.

i have taken a look at your file. Please walk me through step by step what should be happening.

if possible please refer to sheet names, and ranges whenever possible, for example "order form" worksheet column C gets filled, and then info from column X gets copied to Sheet2 column D. Again just an example. But that would be the easiest way to explain things.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have worked it out myself.Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HII have tried to request a refund given you were unable to answer my question, however there is no mechanism on the site for refund request.Please advise what I should do to get my refund for AUD$86.00