The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Knowledge in PHP, MYSQL, CSS & Javascript
62934938

I am extremely new to this so please bare with me as I try

Customer Question

I am extremely new to this so please bare with me as I try to explain what I am trying to do.
I created a localhost gaming website using netbeans and a database in phpmyadmin. I am trying to add a login in system for the website. I used 2 tutorial videos on youtube to create the localhost site. Here are both videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSA0atvePSI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPspjWX8GXw .
In the video you will see the menu on his website is as follows: Home, Coffee, Shop, and About. I change my menu to read as “Home, Games, Log-in, and About”. I built the database for the “Games” Tab already and that works great. So basically, I want to link a table to my "Log-in" button with maybe 1 or 2 different user names, emails and passwords so if a member clicks on the "Log-in" button, it takes them to a screen where they enter one of the created user names, emails and/or passwords and click sign in. Then it directs them back to the site and shows they are logged in to the site. I am assuming the table has to be built in phpmyadmin then linked to my site. I am also going to use the fake emails and passwords to link to a Skrill Moneybookers test or paypal sandbox account to add money to their account for the games they want to play.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 12 months ago.

Hello!

Please see the following link for the requested step-by-step instructions to develop the login page. :) It is much easier than building the database from scratch, and my best option on that is to build out the "user sign up" page and get your database auto populated!

I have included a few links for reference since there are multiple ways to implement this!

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-create-a-user-database-for-a-membersonly-we.html

http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/PHP/Creating-a-Membership-System/1/

Please don't forger to accept and rate! :)

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I have looked up these tutorials before. What I am looking for is where to plug in the codes in netbeans. What kind of folder do I create and how do I integrate this into the website I have created?

I will opt out here to see if the others have an answer regarding that netbeans specific data, unfortunately I do not use netbeans to code websites. Please wait, someone will be with you shortly!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 12 months ago.

this question is listed as a PHP question, then you mention netbeans. Note I do not know anything about netbeans, but I do know PHP and MySQL, if I wrote a php script for you would you know how to integrate that into your netbeans code yourself?

What specifically does the netbeans environemnt give you that you cannot do in HTML5?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I will definitely give it a shot. If I have questions once you I try to implement the code, can I still ask you? Also, I am not sure if there is a difference between netbeans and HTML5 so any code you write should work if I can figure out where to put it.

ok, from a coding standpoint PHP is not that difficult to implement. You do need to have PHP installed on a localhost. Do you have PHP installed. This would be necessary to parse the script. I can certainly help you integrate from an HTML5 perspective. But would not be able to give you any netbeans code, as I know 0% about it. I just wanted you to know that upfront. Also I could only provide an example using HTML5 input boxes, I will not be able to do any styling or design.

Also it should be noted there will be an additional charge on this based on what is involved.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I am using phpmyadmin to build the DB. What is involved that would warrant additional charges?

well if you are using phpmyadmin, then php is installed.

I would have to write the scripts for you. Then possibly help you as best as I can implement it into your website.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It makes it easier to see my website by looking at the videos. Like I said, I will need some guides to add the script you write in phpmyadmin and call it in the my website using netbeans. If you can help me with that, I will pay more. I know it looks something like this to create the table in phpmyadmin:

CREATE TABLE Customer ( id INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT, email VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, create_date DATETIME NOT NULL, password *****(255) NOT NULL, last_name VARCHAR(255), first_name VARCHAR(255), street VARCHAR(255), city VARCHAR(255), state CHAR(2), zip CHAR(10), phone VARCHAR(25), phone_type VARCHAR(255) );

But my question is how do I put what you write in phpmyadmin to build the member log-in system and also add it to the "log-in" button so when someone clicks the log-in button it takes them to a page where it says enter "username and password". After they have type is the username and password ***** have provide (you will create), then it takes them back to the main page saying they are logged in. Can you help with this?

ok, phpmyadmin is used just to set up the table.

All of the rest of the code as far as how someone enters a username and pw is done in separate scripts within a folder.

it can go under the same folder that the main html page is in. And will be a .php file

When someone cliciks a button you just make that button a hyperlink to load the login page.

Then the PHP script checks the credentials and sends them to another page if they are valid.

Like I said I know nothing of Netbeans so will be unable to assist you with that.

so basically

user click button > loads login page, if credentials valid, display next page, if not display login page again?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Exactly Laughing

i charge $75 / 1/2 hour. I expect it to take about an hour to write the code, so it would be $150. If this is too much, then I am afraid I will be unable to assist you, and will open your question up to others.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Please reopen....thanks

good luck

if you change your mind you know how to reach me