ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

In the example below, I want to populate the 3rd column with

Customer Question

In the example below, I want to populate the 3rd column with each letter associated with a task number. The number of tasks vary on a given month as well.
Task No. Letter Letters per Task
12345 A A, B, C,
12345 B A, B, C,
12345 C A, B, C,
12346 D D, E,
12346 E D, E,
12347 F F, G,
12347 G F, G,
12348 H H,
Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

what program is this in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
excel vba
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

can you send an example sheet of what you want to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't think I meant to have you call me for an additional fee....Here is the file you requested.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

so you basically want to match up the letters that have a given number and output any letters that have the same number, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to logic to look up each task no in the list and in a separate column (C),I need the code to populate all values located in column B associated with each task number. Please separate each letter using a comma. Thanks
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

yes, this can be done. But it is a bit complicated, I will have to charge an additional fee for creating the macro. Normally I charge $79 for this service. But I will offer you a discount dropping the additional cost to $49 as this is the first time we are working together, and I hope we can work together in the future.

NOTE: you will not be charged for the phone call request. But the $49 would be added to the original cost.

Do you still wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be charged anything at all if I choose not to do pay the additional fee?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i don't exactly know how the site bills people. But if you choose not to work with me that is fine. If you do not want to pay for my time. I will opt-out. I cannot help you for the price you offered. It is not as simple of a project as you can think, and will take at least an hour of my time. I am sure you understand that time is valuable.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i think there might have been some confusion here. You requested a phone call which you said you didn't want, that is fine you would not be billed for that.

What I was offering was an additional service that would cover my time in creating a macro.

So did you want a macro to do what you requested or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't planning on paying the $24 (original estimate cost) and an additional $49. So at this time I am withdrawing my request with an expectation that I will not get charged. Thank you for providing me an estimate.