Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

This question requires resolving problem of script not

Customer Question

This question requires resolving problem of script not working on host site. Script provided by major corporation. I have no control over the hosting site. Can you help?
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. Can you please put the code somewhere that I can download it? Also, any additional information that you have which you can provide would be helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,
The information is on the Nuance Website. They recommended that I use the REST protocol for my desktop application. The link is here:
https://developer.nuance.com/public/index.php?task=prodDevTo speed this up, you can reach me at my office phone:(###) ###-#### Maybe we can use a remote session if required. I typically use TeamViewer, but we can use something else if you prefer.The script looks like it is using HTTPS, so I have an SSL host from Nuance embedded in the script:
• SSL Host : fji.nmdp.nuancemobility.net 443I am using HostGator as a hosting site. When I run the script (http://opcinc.com/nuance/nmdpAsrHttpClient-public.php) I get the following error:
Fatal error: Class 'HttpRequest' not found in D:\InetPub\vhosts\opcinc.com\OPCHome\Nuance\nmdpAsrHttpClient-public.php on line 158The security credentials are listed below. I use Windows Recorder to create a voice recording to submit. I have a meeting scheduled in 1 hour. I should be back before 10:30 EST.AppID
NMDPPRODUCTION_Office_Productivity_Gene02_20151123180328App Key
0x70 0x26 0x96 0x49 0xf8 0x2a 0x13 0xb6 0x07 0x13 0x54 0xe6 0x09 0xb8 0x25 0xb7 0x42 0x65 0x63 0xbe 0xcb 0x37 0x04 0x09 0x67 0x41 0xe0 0x23 0x68 0xf3 0xcd 0xd8 0x19 0x63 0x21 0x12 0x8d 0x34 0xc8 0x94 0x48 0x1c 0x7a 0x51 0xd5 0x9f 0x09 0x17 0x05 0x6c 0xd5 0xd0 0xa4 0xda 0xd9 0x0b 0x1b 0xba 0x2e 0x84 0xad 0xfb 0x5c 0xc6

The first thing I can see is that the page being requested - opcinc.com\OPCHome\Nuance\nmdpAsrHttpClient-public.php doesn't exist.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Michael,
This page does exist. I am able to access from the web browser without issue. The customer has decided to move in another direction. It would be nice to know why this does not work.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 12 months ago.

I can assure you, page does not exist. I just tried again.

I think the difference is that you are using a different folder locally that includes "OPCHome". That's the path that's not finding.

It looks like you have not yet provided rating on my answer, Which allows me to be paid for my time. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, or excellent rating icons. It will not affect our ability to communicate.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Michael,
What happens when you try the URL below? Right now I am not satisfied with the response I have gotten because we have not even begun to diagnose the problem. This is my first time using this service. So please bear with me. right now I am close to withdrawing the request because we can not seem to get on the same page.http://opcinc.com/nuance/nmdpAsrHttpClient-public.php-Vernon

That page is working. It is the page in the error - the one it is trying to call locally from your system - that isn't working.

If it does exist locally, then the PECL extensions are not installed correctly, or the correct version is not installed. This is where the HttpRequest class comes from.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This what I am asking you to help fix. Can you do it?-Vernon

That is what I am doing. If you are asking for me to work on it remotely, I can send you an offer for that. Please be specific about what else I can do for you. "Helping" and "Doing" are very different things. I'll be happy to assume either role, but I need you to be clear on what you expect. You've already mentioned that you may not rate my service, which would mean I would not be paid for time already invested. I've told you what the problem is - if there is more you need, please let me know what that is.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Michael, I am not quite sure what to do with this at this point. But it appears that we are not meshing very well. Is there a way to cancel this request without negative impact to you?Thanks,
-Vernon

No, there is not. But if you tell me what more you need, I'll be happy to help. I just want to understand exactly what you need so I can provide it.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Michael,
That is really the problem. I am not a web developer, but I was trying to resolve this issue so that I could get on with the real project I want to develop. I am not going to be much help to you, so I will need step by step instructions on what needs to be done. I sense the frustration in your prior messages which is why I was considering cancelling the request. From your perspective, tell me what you can bring to help me solve this issue and the associated cost impact. Then I can make a more informed decision.Thanks,
-Vernon

Vernon, I can do work remotely, but I suspect if your client isn't using it, then that might night be cost effective for you - it would run a minimum of $100/hour.

When I suggest a PECL extension - what I mean is that if you are using PHP extensions, then you probably don't have the latest version of one of them. Do you know what PHP extensions you have installed? For a windows environment, you may be able to simply load the DLL by downloading it and then including a line in your php.ini file by using the syntax "extension=php_extname.dll"

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Michael, I do not control the environment. The hosting company HostGator does. Right now, there is no project per se. I am trying to develop a proof of concept and I was looking to see if I could get information via this method. I find it hard to believe that Nuance would put something out that is difficult to use. This script and associated dll are available on their site. I thought it would be a simple plug and play. But it is not. But it can't be far from that. I am not willing to go into an open ended effort. In fact, this method requires an internet connection to work. The ultimate product needs to work without one. However, I was wanting to find out how well the Speech-To-Text interface works for them. What can you do with those constraints?
-Vernon