ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I need to reformat information in an excel document. I've

Customer Question

I need to reformat information in an excel document. I've tried pivot table but it doesn't quite work. Help!
Category: Programming
Expert:  fbeltramini replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Fabio I'll assist you today.

Can you share the file and detail what you need to put in the pivot table?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can. I'll attach it then tell you what I need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to move the information so that the meta key is at the top, in columns, and the information attached (addresses, latitude, etc) dispursed to each row.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it would have a row at the top with meta key headers (name, address, latitutde, etc) and the information would follow in columns along the row
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

the only way this could be done is with a macro, I could write such a macro for you, but there would be an additional fee for that service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me approximately how much?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

do you need the values in column A to be copied to another column with the data as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I'm not authorized to make a purchase over the original amount. Thank you for your response
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

it would be an additional $49. If you want to get authorization and get back to me that would be fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That amount is beyond what I can spend for an answer. Thank you.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

ok that is fine, if you change your mind I will be here.

Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately a macro would be difficult to create to handle the data as it is formatted. This will require manually editing the fields to properly give an ID to the data being moved. It would be easier to manually re-create the entire record than to write a macro for this set of data. If you like I can work on manually correlating the data, as I have the time to do so. (It will; however, take some time.) If this s acceptable please respond in the affirmative and I will get started! Thanks!

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i disagree, a macro would not be a problem to make it work the way you want. As I said I can do it but it will increase the price as discussed. If you change your mind and want to continue with the macro let me know.