ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

When i try to open all of my files today this window comes

Customer Question

when i try to open all of my files today this window comes up INVOICE.XLS CANNOT BE ACESSED THE FILEMAY BE READ ONLY OR YOU MAY BE TRYING TO ACCESS A READ ONLY LOCATION OR THE SERVER THE DOCUMENT IS STORED ON MAY NOT BE RESPONDING this has never happened in all my years using excel what is going on HELP can not open any bookwork
Category: Programming
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! i am Aitizaz and i will assist you today

is this happening with excel files only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

would you allow me to connect to your computer remotely and try different solutions to sort out the problem?

Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

you would be able to see what i would be doing with your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure doesn't sound safe
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

we are a professional company and we do it as a routine. You can disconnect me anytime you like and i will no longer be able to work on your computer. however, if you still are not convinced, i can suggest certain measures but it will take more time. Decision is yours

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets try to work it out this way thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you think the problem might be
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

There is some problem with the program itself or the files are corrupt and may require an anti-malware software to remove the malware.

We will first try to run a scan to fix the problem if there is any with the excel program. if that does not solve the matter, re-install excel software. Also, i would like you to download MALWAREBYTES, its an anti-malware software that will remove any malware residing on your computer. You should run the TRIAL VERSION and should not buy it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i run the scan ?
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

please do the following:

1. Go to START and type SFC /SCANNOW

NOTE: there is a SPACE between SFC and /SCANNOW

2. Once complete, please again go to START and type the following

CHKDSK /r/f

NOTE: there is a SPACE between CHKDSK and /r/f

please complete these steps and then try to open the files. let me know the results then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
start ? im on a mac where do you mean
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry to learn that. these commands will not work on MAC. In this case, please RE-INSTALL the excel software, then restart the computer and let me know the result. If possible, please send me any of the excel files that you are unable to open so that i may check if the files are corrupt or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill try that but it will take time will have to get back to you much later
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time. but if possible, please send me the excel file now so that i may have a check on it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do i send
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

please go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there. let me know the download link then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im sorry i just cant understand how to send you file this is all to hard thanks for trying but im going to go
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

thank you very much for coming to Just Answer. if you are satisfied, please rate the answer positive. thank you