Jason Jones, Programmer
Experience:  Over 10 years of work experience.
30759776

Facebook recently announced that they will post notices on

Customer Question

Facebook recently announced that they will post notices on some accounts to notify them that they may've been hacked by a "state." But, they said that it doesn't necessarily mean Facebook was hacked but that their device may have malware that logs into their account using their device.
Is there a good way to prevent this?
Gary
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

"State-Sponsored Hackers" are hackers funded by national governments. An example would be a hacker paid by the Chinese government to hack U.S. accounts.

There a couple ways to fix this problem; I have explained them below.

1) Change your Facebook password. After you are signed into your Facebook account, click the following link and change your password ***** the resulting page: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=account&section=password&view

2) On the following page, you can enable a few different security features. --> https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security

- You can enable Login Alerts to let you know when someone logs in.

- You can enable Login Approvals. When you enable this, a message will be sent to your cell phone with a code when you try to log in. You will need to enter that code before it allows you to log in.

After all of that is complete, you will be secure.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason