Raj
Raj, Computer Engg.
Experience:  MS CS, 5+ Experience in Programming and Database (ERP)
16752232

When it comes to sql the std select, update and delete and

Customer Question

When it comes to sql the std select, update and delete and the occassional joins I am OK with. However recently I have a requirement to perform the following and although I can do it programatically using e.g. PHP/Yii I want to actually do it using SQL or more specifically T-SQL.
The requirement:
TableA: id, code, comname
TableB: id, val1, val2, val3, flag, comname
What I would like to do is from tableA pass it a code value and depending on the number of records write out that many records in tableB providing values as parameters for val1, val2, val3 and flag so that tableB.comname is ***** ***** the value from tableA.comname
Eg TableA:
1, abc, The ABC World
2, abc, The alphabet world
3, abc, Words
4, 123, The numbers world
5, 123, Numbers world
6, 1a3, The aplhanumeric world
So now, if I pass a parameter of 'abc' and provide the following parameters for TableB
val1 = 11, val2=21, val3=31, flag=FALSE then tableA should have the following entries:
1,11,21,31, FALSE, The ABC World
2,11,21,31, FALSE, The alphabet world
3,11,21,31, FALSE, Words
How can I do this in T-SQL please?
Cheers!
Chris
Category: Programming
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

The requirement got distorted, so can you please provide me the details using MS word and in tabular representation the structure of Table A and Table B and the final result you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,my apology for not getting back sooner - extremely busy at work with very long hours. It is Saturday now so I can take a short break. I have attached a Word document that shows what my requirement are.I hope you can help.Also, I received an email to rate your answer? I won't be rating it as yet as we are still continuing discussionsThank you
Chris
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

You dont have to rate until I provide the solution so dont worry. The mail you got was an automated system generated mail for reminder. I am going through the file, give me some time and will get back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Raj,Any further progress with a solution to my question please?Kind regards
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Raj,any further progress please? I am now quite desperate for a solution to my question. If unable to complete this let me know and I will source somewhere else.Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How very disappointing. I paid good money for a solution and paid extra for a quick response and I got nothing. This site is a scam.
Raj you should be ashamed of yourself. Your lack of communication and ability to provide a solution to my question is disgusting.Have the decency and return my money.