Richard, Consultant
Experience:  Programming and Network consultancy for 15+ years
32989067

I have a large excel/vba project with many worksheets and

Customer Question

I have a large excel/vba project with many worksheets and lots of vba code. In order to try to speed up my program I have set the forcefullcalculation property to true and it has done wonders for my load time and everything is moving much faster now. However, I have noticed that my textboxes on one of my worksheets do not update. I have several activex textboxes which are linked to other cells on the worksheet. When those linked cells change, my textboxes do not reflect the change. It would be difficult for me to explain the entire app and why I am using textboxes on a worksheet updating via a linked cell, but ever since I turned on forcefullcalculation they do not update when the linked cell changes. Is this normal behavior? Using Excel 2013, but also occurs in 2010 and 2016.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is "normal" behaviors in such that it occurs when you enable forcefullcalculation. The reason is that since there are no formulas to calculate for the text boxes, it does not recalculate.

If though you enter into the onchange event on the worksheet the VBA code to assign the value to the text box, so that it runs this every time a change occurs, it should populate this way.

What happens in your sheet when you do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I did to work around it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, its the only workaround you can use to get it running, else you would need to disable forcefullcalculation.

I just wanted to ensure you were able to code this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you