tejas_speed
tejas_speed, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineer With Knowledge of ASP.Net and C#
32711602

Have an Access Database Recordset that I would like to Sort

Customer Question

Have an Access Database Recordset that I would like to Sort by Clicking on Label Header using VBA code. Would like to sort based on the displayed text in a combobox, not the stored value.
Category: Programming
Expert:  tejas_speed replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sir,

Could you please send me your access file so that i can go through it and do appropriate changes? Please explain the things in more details (like which label, Combobox name). My email id is***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent you the file this morning. Are you able to find a solution?

HI Sir,

I sent you the file with the mail and my comments on your email id.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The file you send does not do what I need. Please release this question so someone else can help me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uploaded my test file to http://wikisend.com/download/113166/Namesort.accdb.More detailed description.Have a Form Called frmContactsLink which I would like to have the recordset sort by clicking on the header labels. I have put some code in Project_ID_Label that sorts this field properly. The field I am having trouble with is the one based on a ComboBox for Name. I would like to click on LblName Header and have the recordset sort by name "Alphabetically" by the Name displayed in the comboBox.If I use the right_mouse key and the select the Sort there, it will sort. What I am looking for is the VBA Code that can be located under the LblName_Click to perform this operation.