yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

Microsoft Access 2013, I want to connect to a database using

Customer Question

Microsoft Access 2013, I want to connect to a database using VB. I think there is away using "Set dbs = CurrentDb()" format. I want to open a database read a table and close the connection. I will then want to open the connection and save the data back
to the master database. I will be setting multiple PCs connecting to a master database. The intend is for a registration adjustment system. I know how to do using linked tables I would like not to use this method. I know how to do this if the databases are
on the same computer. If am wrong please provide a solution.
Category: Programming
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.

Can i ask why you do not want to use linked tables? Do you already have all the code written to not use locally tables? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer to my question is: Place the database path in the (). example: Set dbsMainData = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(ProgramPath).In this case I used a string variable so I and put the path in the setup table. in this case you have "\\computerName\Users\Public\Documents\Event_Directory\Database_Name.accdb" in the variable "ProgramPath".The answer to your question is: I do not want to expose the all the data from a main table to the local PC. I can write a VB query to get only the data I want. There will be 6 PCs working off data from one PC.