Leela-TheProgrammer
Leela-TheProgrammer, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Post Grad in CS (Gold Medal)
21067471

I need help and advice with planning a big wordpress

Customer Question

Hi, I need help and advice with planning a big wordpress website.
I am building a website for a resort town. The site should contain the option to reserve and book accommodation, restaurant, attractions (shows, tours, etc..) and conventions.
I was wondering if I should create a main site and few sub-domains for each task, or should I create a one big happy site with the whole lot?
What is your recommendation for a reservation add-on?
Thanks for your time and effort,
Guy
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See this link and add Restaurant booking and conventionshttp://www.vegas.com/
Expert:  Leela-TheProgrammer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using justanswer. This is Leela and I will help you with the question today.

First I would like to congratulate on the domain Vegas. Com, if you own it. It is a very valuable domain.

I need few details more details from you so that I can suggest on using sub domain or single site.

Do you expect any one specific service to be used a lot than another service?

The advantage of using sub domain is that you can use dedicated server for any huge demand service in the future, keeping all the other services on a single server.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Leela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately vegas.com is not owned by me, I just used it as an example for a site that offers multiple services.
But let's get into it.
If you wanted to go to Vegas and wanted to make reservations in advance, you'd probably get to a site similar to the one I set as an example.
Now Vegas has a lot to offer, Accommodation, Tours, Shows, Clubs, Conventions, Restaurants and so on..
The site needs to address the booking and reservations of each area.
I don't expect one area (let's say Restaurants) will need a dedicated server, due to huge traffic.
But I am worried a combination of few add-ons, might slow the overall performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are aware I am talking about wordpress?

I understand that you are are looking to use WordPress.

WordPress supports sub domain based multiple sites. So we can have multiple services on multiple sub domains.

Thanks,

Leela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope there is more to come..
This does not answers my question.
I am familliar with wordpress and I know it can work in sub-domains.
I was looking for a wordpress expert who can direct me in the path I should take.
Not someone who can confirm what I allready know.

I am sorry for the confusion. You have asked for suggestion and i shared my thoughts on using sub domains, etc.

I have been waiting for your questions. Can you please let me know queries you have?

Thanks,

Leela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's start from the end of my initial request
What are your recommendations for a wordpress add-on, covering the functionality of reservations and booking?

I am sorry i didnt realize you are looking for Addon recommendations. I know few addons, will explore and share the details in sometime.

Thanks,

Leela

Based on my experience I have few recommendations.

Please check https://www.checkfront.com/ if you want to show multiple resorts, hotel rooms, availability.

In case you want to have availability and booking for only ONE resort or hotel then you can use WP Booking system http://www.wpbookingsystem.com/

I would recommend you to play around with the DEMO SITES before you buy any plugin.

Thanks,

Leela