A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I am trying to make links to other web pages as well as my

Customer Question

Hi there. I am trying to make links to other web pages as well as my own on the posts from my website. The ones that I had already done a couple of months ago are working, but any new ones I am trying to create are not linking. I highlight, go to the link button, paste in the URL to be linked and hit add link and then it does absolutely nothing. Just defaults back to the top of the edit page. Any thoughts?
Category: Programming
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Could you please advise as to what platform your website is built on so that I can have a better idea of the editor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wordpress
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that information, also what browser are you using when you access your WP control panel to make these posts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Generally I'm using Internet Explorer, but I think I've used chrome as well.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Could you try it again in chrome now to see if it might be a problem with the browser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I did that and it worked. Can it be fixed in Explorer?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So there could be a number of things in Explorer. The easiest would be to restore the default settings for IE. If that does not work it may be something with some add-ons/extensions that might have been installed before.