Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

I'm looking perl program that will read and write to

Customer Question

I'm looking for a perl program that will read and write to XML. The XML file should be used as the database and the program could be a simple address book or recipe keeper, anything with a simple UI. User input needs to be validated also please.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Since you are writing the XML, this will be a little easier than if you had to read existing XML because of the various formats it can be in. The Perl behind the parsing of the XML is straightforward. There are examples with explanations on the following page:

http://bitli.es/kTSObC

Please let me know if this answers your question, or if you need additional assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I wasn't being more clear but I need someone to write this for me. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to be more specific: I require a perl script that will work as a simple address book. This is all done on the command line and the script should work with XML but at this point I'll be happy with a text file. This perl script needs to read the address book and also add a new contact to the address book. Let me know if you have any more questions?

Oh... OK.. I apologize for misunderstanding. I will send you the quote.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This offer is more than I proposed when I paid for this. How can I go about getting my money back?
Kind regards.

You can contact JustAnswer support. Just click on the contact us link at the bottom of the page.