Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher
Experience:  Qualified professional. More than 10 years of experience in C and CPP
50064670

I've used FrontPage 2003 since 2006 and have built an

Customer Question

Hi, Jason. I'm Jo. I've used FrontPage 2003 since 2006 and have built an absolutely enormous website of thousands of pages and tens of thousands of photographs, 4 complete books, etc. and it's not something I want to rebuild from scratch. On June 24 they started migrating my site and I thought that was that and everything worked fine until this past Thursday when it all went kerplooey. Now when I open FP it doesn't ask for my password, etc. and doesn't show my list of files down the left hand side. It just shows New Page. I am able to access the last pages I had open by clicking on the pages in the box on the right, but if I click on my site's name to try and see if that will open it, it brings up a message I don't have Windows SharePoint service installed. I spoke with a guy at GoDaddy this morning who says unless I can get FTP going, I'm basically screwed. Before they migrated again on Thursday, if I clicked on file and in their drop down menu was the choice of Publish Site...he said I needed to do it that way now...only the Publish Site choice is now in light gray and cannot be clicked. Do you have ANY idea at ALL of how to save my sinking ship? The site is so large and very well used. As of a couple of years ago when GoDaddy stopped their service of letting you know about hits, I had some 36 million so this is an all-round big deal.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

What you mean by Migrating ? You migrated your website from another provider to Godaddy ? or Godaddy migrated their server and so your website also ? If so did you got any notifications from Godaddy about it ?

May I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why have I already been charged $51 when not a single thing has been DONE yet?