The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Knowledge in PHP, MYSQL, CSS & Javascript
62934938

I am trying to figure out a way to search value "y" in a row

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out a way to search for a value "y" in a row (ex. f5-k5) and have it return the name of the person listed in E5 and have it place the name that is in E5 on a separate sheet within the same workbook.
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

id be happy to help,

could you send an example file of what you would like to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a file that will track people who sign up to work Saturday and/or Sunday. If they choose one of the boxes in the blocks marked 45-01; 45-0, 45-04, etc I want their name to populate on another sheet for Saturday and Sunday. Ideally the end report should have everyone who signs up to work Saturday on one sheet with where they plan to work and then same for Sunday. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does my request make sense?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i have the sheet, so you want someone to put an x in one of the boxes, and you want the column header with an x placed in it and the name which is in column E,N, W, ect.. populated to a new sheet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with the name of the person
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

well, to set something up like this there is no formula that will make this work based on the way your sheet is set up. It will require a macro.

I can write this macro for you for an additional fee. If you would like.

I would need to know which version of excel you are using so I could make sure it is compatible with your version.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i have not heard back from you. Should I assume you are no longer interested in help with this?