Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.
For such a task as the one you ask about, there is need to clearly define some aspects:
- What file format (or, what program name) do you need to export data to ?
- What SQL database system are you exporting data from ?
- 'multiple categories' meaning what? different data tables? (that would require some sort of merge operation) or perhaps different data records, or different data record types ?
In some systems of exporting data from a spreadsheet, the result can be a file where the data fields of the database are represented by text, separated by TAB characters. Would that sort of plaintext-with-tabs export format serve? or what?
There are several ways to do a data export from a SQL database system. The above points help define which means to a result will work best.
I think I understand some more of the situation. But I will still need to ask for a few more details:
- There are multiple tables, and you want to import them pretty much all together into one spreadsheet - is that correct?
- But, given that's so, the multiple tables contain basically the same sort of fields - e.g. item, barcode, category, price. Is that the case? and, if the data that you wanted from each table was properly ordered, could you put it in the same columns in the spreadsheet, e.g. a column for barcode #, a column for price ? Is that the case?
- But, the order of those fields in each table may be or is somewhat different - is that the problem too?
OK, understood. (My apologies for the delay in replying... I assure you I had reason enough for the delay, and much other business to get to also.)
I think the next thing to ask is, what are the tables named, that you want to export data from?
And, Do you want to export *all* data, every record at least if not every data field, from all of those tables? or does the export have to be filtered of some data / does some data need to be excluded from the export?
I am sorry - owing to my being possibly unable to meet that deadline, or offer both a phone call and a remote session before that deadline, I have Opted Out, with apologies.