Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

I have about 3k records and out of those 3k records I need a

Customer Question

I have about 3k records and out of those 3k records I need a subset of 3k by finding records that may or may not have a dollar value because records are missing in one of the databases. I need to sync two columns together one column runs from 1 - 36 and the other column runs 1-4, I put a (5 mod 4 "entlmnt_nbr") on the column that runs 1-36 to sync it with the column that runs 1-4 but, that will not give me all remaining numbers and when I run in my query my sum of two columns stop summing. How do I get what I need ? I have my query.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A ticket can have 4 coupons and still have the same ticket no but, the 5th coupon will give a different ticket number making the coupon column 1 - 4 in one table in the other table a ticket can have up to 36 coupons. I want to know how many coupons do not have a dollar value. so cpn 1 = $10, cpn 2 = $15.00 cpn 3 = $5.00 and cpn 4 $0.00 .. I want to sync these coupons with the coupons that exist in my table with coupon column that can have up to 36 coupons so say the 4 coupons are in sync with column B but, column B has cpn 5 $10.00 cpn 6 $15,00 cpn 7 $0.00 .. I need to flush out cpn 5 , 6 and 7 they will have the same ticket number has column A that has cpn 1 - 4. Any idea on how to do this ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
We will need to now:
What type of database is this, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Teradata
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am not familiar with Teradata - I will open up this question to the other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its still ansi sql and syntax is a little different than Oracle but if I can get an idea I could modify the syntax
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

if it's regular SQL you need, can you upload a sample table, perhaps exported to an Excel sheet and add annotations/examples of exactly what calculations you need?

Thanks!