ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

>Ask a free question - included with your membership Can I

Customer Question

>Ask a free question - included with your membership Can I ask a question on programming in .php language?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.
I have no power over billing, payments, terms, etc., as a JustAnswer Expert. But I think that you can indeed ask about PHP programming.
Let us know (using the Reply function) what that question is in detail, and we shall try to answer it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Russell.
>But I think that you can indeed ask about PHP programming.
Could you look at the php code of my portal at my website in which certain fields are REQUIRED fields, which I want to change to optional fields (or accept default values) so that data entry on the form is quick? Further, in the php code, current uploading/downloading of files facility needs to be added as selections to the current menu items, thus allowing quick access to uploading/downloading actions. If you connect to my computer, I will be able to show you everything.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that though I could perhaps help you with the first task, I doubt I could do the second task.

I have Opted Out in favor of a more certainly qualified Expert at PHP coding. (But have not cut off communication, and I will get back to the case to at least help with the first task, if nobody else takes it up for 24 hours or so, if you wish and Reply at that time requesting that I do so.)

Thank you for explaining the tasks you wish to have done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As to the second task: In the current php code, a file cannot be uploaded by a user unless two unnecessary fields (File title and Description) are completed.
When you have free time, could you just see in action what the current code does? I also do programming in Cbasic/Microsoft C but am new to php.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. It is about 2:20 pm here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>I will get back to the case to at least help with the first task, if nobody else takes it up for 24 hours or so, if you wish and Reply >at that timeHow much more time to wait?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, 9: 30 am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how about expert at http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-espi/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>I have Opted Out in favor of a more certainly qualified Expert at PHP coding.
Did you contact Martin, Network Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>Russell H. has referred you to a new Programmer. You'll get a response here and by email typically within 24 hours.
So many hours/days have passed!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
> I will get back to the case to at least help with the first task
Hello, Are you online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russell
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have seen your posts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, Russell
Still awaiting. You said, "I could perhaps help you with the first task, I doubt I could do the second task."
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. What's the code that is for a form, an entry form that is, and that needs some fields to be Required Fields, others to be optional or can-be-blank ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>What's the code that is for a form
You can look at the code in my php designer8 (editor software) when you connect to my computer. The code can be run using a web browser. Please download the screen shot to see all 4 fields:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7m23lf2go3a7tcn/UploadScreen.jpgOnly "Select File" field should be a REQUIRED field. Currently, all 4 fields are REQUIRED fields. The 3 fields: Select Folder, File Title, Description should be made optional ("Select folder" can display a default folder name)To access the above mentioned "Upload a New Project File" screen, currently as many as six clicks are required: Projects>Open Projects>View Project>View All Project Folders>Uploaded Project Files>Upload a New File
Could you include "Upload file" as an additional menu item for immediate access to "Upload a file"? Please download the screen shot to see current menu items:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mfsaidnhyq2gmq3/InitialScreenMenuItems.jpg
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I do not know PHP Designer8 well enough to make much use of it, even if I did connect to your computer, I'm sorry to say.

Looking it up... I don't find any particular indication as to what I would do if I did connect. I would, at this point, be in a blind search for

'What file is the code you want altered, stored in?'

and

'Where on the computer is that file stored?'

If you know, or could tell me, those two vital points, I might make some progress if I tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>'What file is the code you want altered, stored in?'
I can send you ALL the php files in a zip format so that you can use your own editor to search for relevant code. I find that viewfolder.php and projectfile.php contain the "upload" fields. I do not know from which file the error message "Please fill out this field" comes from? Could it be .js file?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

It might well be a .JS script file, yes. Active scripting is usually used to 'verify' whether a form has the fields filled in.

I'm not sure I could doctor the code from just the .JS file - it might be handy to have them all.

Posting a ZIP file might be good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>Posting a ZIP file might be good.
Here is zip file including all files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ovuar2bqj1d4bu2/clientResponse.zip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, when online, please let me know.