Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

I have a wordpress site that is self hosted. It has a

Customer Question

I have a wordpress site that is self hosted. It has a sliding side menu with a symbol to open it. I would like to code a vertical menu above the header image. It needs to be black with white letters. Upon scroll over it needs to be blue. It should span the top of the header section and go left to right. It will link to three pages, on of which is the static home page, and a blog. How do I code this?

Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

This is something that you would normally have to do in the theme. It is possible that you can modify a current theme to put this menu where you want it, but it would be no small task. The challenge is that you need to do this without changing any of the word press core files. If you don't do that, then if there is an update to WordPress or to the theme or even possibly to a plug-in, it will overwrite the changes and you'll lose them. It will really depend on the current structure of the pages. Can you please provide me a link to a sample page of the site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I have been traveling and just got your response. The site is Skillstourism.com.au

When I go to the site and debug the page, I see a console error that you would have to address before anything - it indicates that your CSS page is missing:

http://www.skillstourism.com.au/wp-content/uploads/otwbm/skins/custom.css?ver=4.2.4 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)