ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I've created a spreadsheet with a lot of data, formulas and

Customer Question

I've created a spreadsheet with a lot of data, formulas and lookup functions. I add to the data everyday. To keep the file working more efficiently I would like to convert it to VB. I don't know where to begin.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask for you to upload a copy of the document or an example of it? Please, describe what you need the VB code to do.
Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my spreadsheet?
I did not. You didn't give me the File ID Number. I need that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
file id 331636 .. I also requested a call
Thank you for the document.
Please, describe what you wish for the VB coding to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Streamline the process and reduce my file size - The InterpCalc tabs create a daily interpolated yield curve that adjusts from the previous (business) date. The InterpCalc results feed the yearly 2013-15 MMD tabs. I pull the curve data into the MMD tabs using an offset formula. Its from these annual MMD database sheets that I feed the MMD Scales and MMD Sprds tabs. The MMD Sprds tab will not work for you because its being loaded from MMDCalc and I pull this info off of Bllomberg using BBRG's add-in functions... I've created another sheet that I use a formula to determine which MMD year I pull the spread data from. It works very well and I use it all day everyday but I'm concerned its going to get to big and I'm hoping VB can streamline the process. Should we have a phone call? I think I paid for it already.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you think it would help if send the same file as text only so you can see what it looks like with all of the data
I have run out of ideas.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason