Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

Fixing stak error in JavaScript code says to check the scope

Customer Question

fixing stak error in JavaScript code says to check the scope of numbers.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. 'Variable Scope' is a concept that means, pretty much, that variables in Javascript programming have a part of the code, or a section of the code, in which they are existent and references to them are relevant.This page discusses the concept some:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/500431/what-is-the-scope-of-variables-in-javascript So if you're getting a scope error, you may have mentioned a variable, say named 'number5', that is declared asnumber5 = 5;within a function, and then you have mentioned 'number5' outside that function, where it has no scope, and where references to it are meaningless to the Javascript interpreter. Scope errors can be hard to figure out, esp. in the abstract. So if you can post me a file with the Javascript code in it, and the exact and full text of the error message you get, I could perhaps fix it for you, or at least explain exactly what is wrong and why so you can fix it yourself (and avoid the problem in future, too.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.