Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

Excel - I've entered a correct formula and it works perfectly

Customer Question

Excel - I've entered a correct formula and it works perfectly in most areas of a spreadsheet.
However, in two areas, the calculations are incorrect -- Any suggestions?
The spreadsheet to which I'm referring is a spreadsheet reflecting out credit card payments/balances on a monthly basis.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Hi,what you're describing could be caused by the nature of Excel's relative vs. absolute references. This can happen easily when formulas are copied and pasted in to other cells of the worksheet. Before I go on, let me ask if you've already covered this possibility so I don't waste time explaining stuff you already know. If there's a way you could upload (e.g. wikisend.com) the whole file and point out which cells contain the formula in question, I'd have a better idea what's going on and could probably give a more definitive answer. Regards,Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Hi,just following up, were you able to use my solution? Please feel free to post any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have regarding this issue.If you're not yet satisfied with the result, please let me know what is missing. I will do my best to make it right for you.Otherwise, please don't forget to rate my service - I don't get paid for my work until your rating is received.Regards,Ingo U