Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in computer programming.
30970729

My website is down. I have found the following message instead

Customer Question

My website is down. I have found the following message instead of my regular page:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /var/www/do/domglaub/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-simple-firewall/src/processors/hack_protect.php on line 24
Category: Programming
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, It seems that the website's files have somehow become corrupted or damaged, possibly by a hacker.Try logging into your hosted account and use the file manager there to see if you can recover the website from a backup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete,

My webmaster is right now on vacation and I can't reach her. I don't want to create anymore problem by getting into the system, as I don't know much about computer, and Word Press. Do you? If so could look at the issue remotely?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dominique,
It would be best if the webmaster were to look at it - I wouldn't want to mess with a site that I didn't design, and you would also likely need the webmaster to provide the backup files.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete,

I appreciate your feedback but I need help with this right now. If you don't mind I would like to work with a new Expert. Could you make my question available to other Experts. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pete,

Could you please make my question available to other experts ASAP. Thanks

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your question is on the open question list and has been viewed by other experts, but none have yet seen fit to post an answer.
I can understand why - no-one is going to be able to help without the backup files, unless they redesign the site for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to log-in to Webpress.org and can't but looks like the account doesn't exist.

Do you have a customer phone number for WordPress.org, or do you know how to submit a ticket to Webpress without logging in?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If you can't log in to submit a support ticket, then your only other option is the support forum:
https://wordpress.org/support/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are the questions asked answered by WordPress technician, or the community?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Mainly the community, but the Wordpress staff also review the forum from time to time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you figuring out how to submit a ticket to Webpress.org when not able to log in, and get back to me please. Thanks.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I have sent you the offer, please accept if you wish to continue.
Thanks,
Pete.