Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

I am working on a google form and I will like to know is there

Customer Question

I am working on a google form and I will like to know is there a way for respondents to move freely in the form (page-to-page like a bar on top or bottom) and review before submitting?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The general practice is to complete one page of a form, submit it, and move on to the next. Some forms allow you to move back, but by and large, if fields are 'required', then you have to fill them in on that page, before you go on to the next page. Are the forms you are making up, those in which any fields are required to be filled in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only on the first page which is actually pre-fill before sending the note. The form has currently 17 pages which I will only need probably 10 main tabs (top or bottom) to allow me easy navigation (kind of the progress bar but just a way to easily access the page based on the subject). You can see the form attached thankshttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/19QRgspqN-AOIQvl2O0GwIlvKEDBpgAVMfnmeOrmrvHc/viewform?entry.297683289&entry.1470544087=John+Smith&entry.1077718674&entry.73264256=Cohen,+John&entry.427819529=123+colorado+way&entry.1466710975=***-***-****&entry.338675442&entry.793840647&entry.1006866327&entry.1374408484&entry.194342501=12:00+pm&entry.161232175&entry.272627681&entry.1495090010&entry.1537145929&entry.1728300570=YES&entry.154881373=Information+on+Community+Resources&entry.2048221237&entry.1918511979&entry.135763693&entry.439541624&entry.140991930&entry.2030637210&entry.475460032&entry.1909616161&entry.1755484910&entry.166258633&entry.826220259
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It seems that in Google Forms, you can have the user of the form go to a different page based on what their response was, from a given page of the form.
Or, if you want the user to skip from page 3 to page 5 - in other words, skip page 4 altogether - that can be done.
You divide your form up with page breaks, of course. But then, you will see a drop-down menu with choices of where to send respondents to next. That allows the user of the form to (theoretically and subject to certain constraints) go anywhere among the pages of the form.
At least, that's what this help page says:
https://support.google.com/docs/answer/141062?hl=en
... it isn't very specific. But it seems that Google Forms does allow controls to be used by the user of the Form, more specific than 'PREV' or 'NEXT' pages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am actually using that already in some of the pages that is why i will only need like 10 tabs because the other are connected in between. I needed to know if by code- script could be complete because i have not found any add-ons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a pic of what it looks like now and the idea with tabs in the top. Thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Once a tab is created, the text on it (if not the whole tab itself) could be hard-linked to another page (with tabs on it, in an appropriate configuration) by an A HREF link: <A HREF=http://thisserver.com/thatpage.html>Psychosocial</A> for instance. Except that the 'thatpage.html' would have to be an appropriate page of the Google Form in question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
:( I don't think that is what I am looking for as the tab is not even created and I have tried creating a new script file or new HTML file but is not allowing me or don't have the code. Sorry I guess I will keep looking unless you know a code that works specifically with google forms (function). Thank you :(
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
But the tab *is* created: look on your sample image - it has a tab that is titled 'Psychosocial' just as in my code snippet example.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was a picture I made in paint to make it clear one is the pre what is now and then the post of what we want
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I only saw one image. Were there two image files you wanted to post to me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is one picture with two images. both are the same but the one on the left has the sample of what I will like to accomplish and the one on the right is the one I currently have and what it looks like.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
So in other words, you don't know how to add Tabs to your Google Forms ? is that the question, at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that was the question,
'I am working on a google form and I will like to know is there a way for respondents to move freely in the form (page-to-page like a bar on top or bottom)'
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Aside from what I have already suggested - You divide your form up with page breaks, of course. But then, you will see a drop-down menu with choices of where to send respondents to next. That allows the user of the form to (theoretically and subject to certain constraints) go anywhere among the pages of the form.
(-quoting my own earlier answer.)
Maybe that cannot be put into tabs. But I advise that you look into it.
Since I have no further information or advice to offer, I have Opted Out.