ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have 2 SS I would like to combine. One has name and address

Customer Question

I have 2 SS I would like to combine. One has name and address files (4060), sometimes with the same name and address repeated many times for several different tract numbers. I have a second SS with land descriptions & other data by tract number (150). I would like to combine the two SS so the name and address file would now have the land descriptions by tract also.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I am Aitizaz and i will assist you todayYou want to combine the two sheets based on the tract number, with repeated entries removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The repeated entries are absolutely vital and cannot be removed. The name/address merges to a Word document to create notice letters to landowners, and the land description data merges to other form documents.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
are the tract numbers unique and never repeat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the land description SS each row of data is unique to a tract number.On the Name/address SS each row of data contains a tract # ***** the name and address for each owner in a tract of lane. If an owner owns 20 tracts of land, there is a unique row for each of the 20 tracts of land with the same name/address in each of the 20 rows.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aitiaz - my need for a solution is immediate - any ideas?? Thanks - Lynn
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Do you want just these two sheets to be combined or you want a MACRO for future use as well? Also, how much time do we have for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aitizaz - The macro for future use would be ideal. I need to merge this data and print out 4060 letters by 4PM MDT today.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
How many hours left?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 hours
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
can we extend the deadline for another 4 hours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO - I will just have to start merging the documents manually.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
4 hours total?
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
OK, i will try to complete this within 2 hours time. Please upload the sheet to www.wikisend.com and let me know the download link.Also, make a sample entry in the new/third sheet. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot upload the sheet as it contains confidential information. I can send a sample of data from both sheets however. I am becoming concerning this is not going to happen timely and I need to abandon this avenue of inquiry. My thought is this is a simple yes it can be done, or no it cannot be done in this timeframe. Your thoughts.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
OK! Sample data will serve the purpose. Please upload a sample file along with sample output sheet as well.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
This is consuming time. i will opt out here so that any other expert may help you with this. thank you for your patience.