ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

How to get WORD VBA counter values to print at the bottom of

Customer Question

How to get WORD VBA counter values to print at the bottom of a the document?
I have a macro that keeps tally of the number of times that a user selects specific values from a drop down list, i.e., "Yes", "No", etc.
I can easily use the msgbox function display the counter values when the macro completes.
I would like to have those values show in a line on the last page of the document, such as -
Totals: Yes = 99 No = 99 NA = 99, where 99 represents the value from the counters within the macro.
I am using Word 2010
Category: Programming
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best answer possible
How much time do we have for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not in any great hurry. But would like it as soon as possible. A few days, if needed.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Please go to www.wikisend.com and upload the word file there. Let me know the download link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Aitazaz,I have solved the problem of getting the counter values to appear in the document. Now I am looking for a way to modify some of the font colors in the display string. This interface would not accept the .docm file. Can I send it to you by other means?The user addresses each entry by making a selection using the content controls (drop-down boxes). Once they have addressed all of the questions that they are going to address, or every question, they would double click on the sigma at the bottom center of the document. That fires a macro that tallies the selections and places a line showing those values at the end of the document . This is what is see after I click on the MacroButton -Compliant: 8, Non-Compliant: 3, Not Applicable: 3, Not Selected:52The MacroButton, which is originally right justified, gets centered along with the Display String and everything presents in bolded, blue font.This is what I want. The “label” text should be black and the numerical values should be the color of the cells for the corresponding selection -Compliant: 5, Non-Compliant: 2, Not Applicable: 0, Not Selected: 59 < I want the numeric values to be the same color as their corresponding cells in the document, Green for "Yes", Red for "No" and Blue for "NA".I am using the MacroButton instead of Quick Access Toolbar as these macros are only for this particular document/template. Perhaps I misunderstand how the QAT functions. I presumed that it is available for any document.I can accept moving the MacroButton to the center, as the path of least resistance unless you have a quick fix.I have attached a copy of the test document/template that I am using. You will see attempts on my part to preclude the MarcroButton from moving by inserting a paragraph, also tried inserting "Chr (11)", to no avail.Thanks much,FergieI did not accept the invitation to call you. I am at my budget end with the various help factions that I have engaged.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
OK! Let me see the document and your requirements and i will get back to you then. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned, the interface would not let me attach the ".docm" file. I need an alternative method for getting that file to you.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
please go to
ge.tt
and upload the file there. Let me know the download link please. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aitizaz,I have resolved the issue and no longer need assistance.Thank you,Fergie
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for coming to Just Answer. Whenever you need assistance in future, start the question with ***only for Aitizaz*** text.