Ratheesh Ravi
Ratheesh Ravi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years of experience in developing applications as engineer and architect.
50071857

Need a template Studio environment so that when

Customer Question

Need a template for Android Studio environment so that when I type in examples of java code I don't get unresolved objects like the read() statement or write statements. I need knowledge of how to resolve these issues and. there are so many ways to read and write files that it confusing..... just neeed one way to read and write binary files.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ratheesh Ravi replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for posting the question in JA. I will help you in this.
I would like to get some more details before I start working on this.
1. Are you looking for the project template for Android code (for later running in Android devices)? Since you are asking for Android studio I assume the answer is yes, but please confirm.
2. Can you give any more details on the kind of read/ write operations you want to do?
3. Can you give details of the errors you were getting?
Regards
Ratheesh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just leaning java and there are too many ways to do things, thus I am looking for just one way to successfully read binary files and write binary files on my computer. I want the java code in Android Studio so I need the studio environment "setup" to work without giving me "unresolved issue errors which for me are difficult to resolve. Therefore this task is to provide a working sample of how to read a input binary file into an array of which has 500 elements, 80 bytes in length. The task also must provide me with a write binary file from an array java code so that I can use this method everytime I use files. The answer must come with which java.io.files that are needed so that I won't get unresolved issues on like the 'read' or 'write' potions of the java line of code that does those functions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to use the FileInputStream and FileOutputStream version of reading files ........ in.read, in.close and out.close cause unresolved symbols that I don't understand when the libraries are at the top of the code
Thank you for the details, I can provide this.
One more question to ensure that every thing is clear-
"Android Studio" is normally for developing Android applications, not for normal standard Java projects. There are workarounds for running standard Java projects in Android Studio but this is not the normal usecase.
So are you sure this is required in Android studio Or if you just need the standard Java project it can be in Eclipse.
Please confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure of anything now. Android Studio is for programming tablets, cell phones etc.... It said it programs java or c+ ... I am confused. Can you tell me what language I can use with the android Studio. The most I can say is that the latest Android Studio is installed with IntelliJ JetBrains. I am just learning and there are too many ad ons I can figure this all out. I just need the current environment Android IntelliJ Jetbrains to work with something. I thought it was java because that is what was stated in the docs I read. I am using the latest stuff and don't want to go old technology to do this. I truly believe it is just too complex to figure out by myself.
You are right about Android Studio. It it is based on IntelliJ and you can write code in Java.
What I meant is, AndroidStudio is mainly for writing Android applications (Android code is also written in Java).
So if you are learning to develop Android applications then AndroidStudio is the best. But if you are just learning Java and planning to develop stand alone Java applications (not Android mobile applications) then using Android Studio may be an overkill. Eclipse may be better in such case.
I can help you whether it is Android Studio or Eclipse, just need your confirmation.
Regards
Ratheesh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am developing java mobile applications and need a stable environment in Android Studio to do so. So the answer is proceed with completing the file in/out binary example and whatever IDE environment settings are needed that's the task. The written code I sent in the attachment just needs to work. There are more issues I need resolve so if you get this right, theres more for me to learn and I will pay to get it done.... Thanks..
Thank you, ***** ***** start working on this.
Will provide the initial version by Monday.
Update - I am working on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose the task is greater than I could have known, but where are you on this. Forty dollars is not worth this and I understand if you don't know, that's why it is sometimes know as the bleeding edge of technology. I don't see anyh reason to continue this so I am asking for a refund with no prejudice toward the programmer.
Please find the template/ sample project available here
http://wikisend.com/download/553030/TestFileReadWrite.zip
In your machine please remember to set the correct path of the jdk.
Let me know if there is any more question.
If you are still looking for refund, please let me know and I will forward the request to Admin.
Sorry for the delay if any in providing the solution.
Regards
Ratheesh