ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

We track our hours with an excel spreadsheet and use a pull

Customer Question

We track our hours with an excel spreadsheet and use a pull down menu for the job names. the hours are input on the next line.
we are looking for a formula that runs through the spreadsheet and adds up the hours for each job name in the pull down menu. it seems real simple, but we cant find the trick.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a formula to search a worksheet, find all incarnations of a job name, then take the hour data from another cell and sum all the hours for that job, and enter it in the "total hours for each job" cell at bottom of sheet. I need this automated so that as I enter more hour data to spreadsheet, it updates tally at bottom. I need this to work for up to 20 job names per sheet (tab).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
can you send an example sheet?